Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Aire-Flo

A few of my blogger companions are on what they call 'shopping bans'. I personally don't know how they have the will power. Shopping is how I spend my days (not to mention my money). Just last week I went shopping and spent almost my whole paycheck on a vintage 60s purse, an American Apparel bodysuit, a 60s dress, and a lovely cameo brooch. I shouldn't complain about how much I shop, though. It's what I do. It keeps me entertained and I have loads of fun doing it. Shopping is a girl's best friend.
shirt: Rilo Kiley concert tee (the concert blew my mind!) * skirt: Urban Outfitters clearance * shoes: Ked's

I've had the honour of receiving the Premio award from Sam, blogger extraordinaire at The Wandering Alchemist, and Isabel from Hipster Musings. Thank you so much!The rules state that I must now tag 7 other bloggers with this 'Brillinte' award.

I am going to give this award to The Snail and The Cyclops for always inspiring me to dress a little bit differently;
To The Clothes Horse for being the first person to comment on my blog and give me the courage to continue on;
To Hipster Musings for being the girl that inspired me to start my own blog;
To Rouge Marie for always commenting with wonderful and kind words;
To Sally Jane Vintage for having great style, fantastic photographs, and an eBay store brimming with amazing goods;
To Dapper Kid who always has something nice to say, and is full of fashion wisdom;
and to Alice Point for being a stylish fille.

20 comments:

emily said...

i'm on a shopping ban right now! but mostly because i'm living in a city that only has surf shops and roxy and tacky boardwalk stuff, so i don't really have anywhere to buy clothes. it's going to be fairly easy!

Sally Jane Vintage said...

Thanks so much! You're so sweet ot include me in your list.

Syed said...

Looooove the skirt!! And the shopping bans are indeed insane, I guess I'm technically on one...but because I have no money! Thank you so so so so much for tag, may I just say I LOVE your blog :)

Dennise said...

I absolutely agree. I can't do a shopping ban. It's like food, if you prohibit yourself from eating what you love, you end up binge eating.

Love your blog.
xx Dennise
www.tenacious-dee.blogspot.com

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Aw, thanks for the award! Your blog is doing very nicely. I like shopping too much...I've just been trying to save some money because I have some tricks up my sleeve for fall...

CULTURE CREATORS said...

Oo! Yay:) congrats! Love the black keds.



xCC

STYLE DU MONDE said...

Cute skirt! Shopping ... I think everybody loves to shop :-)

xx

Anonymous said...

Follow your instincts...with your wallet. Ban a shopping ban.

1234 said...

SOO true about the shopping thing, and i love rilo kiley!

the assistant said...

the only reason i ever ban myself from shopping is when i have no money............. like now

Shen-Shen said...

I love the skirt!

NewYorkChique said...

Ahh i dont know if i told you this before, but I love love your glasses. They look really nice. Haha I tagged you, but I see you were just tagged by someone else so I won't be offended if you don't want to post the whole award thing again, haha. Anyway, great post!

Francesca said...

thank you so, so much!!! I'm quite honored for all that sweetness to be sent my way!!!!

Anonymous said...

wow i LOVE LOVE LOVE rilo kiley & im verrryyyyyyyyyy jealous of your concert t its lovely!

Human Racing said...

Great graphic on the tee shirt. Thanks for the tag as well!

Bente said...

I really like this! It's stylish but cute!

Sheryl said...

boohoo to shopping bans!
But then again, i'm sure your wardrobe is already overflowing wif yummy junks!!!

morgan said...

Finally someone who feels the same way that I do about shopping!
It is my creative outlet which I could never give up...sheesh!

Alice said...

Thank you so so much!! I am so apreciatte being here!:)

Kisses,

Alice:)

Nicola said...

i love your Rilo Kiley tee soooo much...
...*i am in love*